Sorting movies and TV-series in folders

Greenduck

Sorting movies and TV-series in folders

Post by Greenduck »

Hello

I've just downloaded the trial and so far it seems good. But I would like to be able to sort my movies and TV-series so they won't be in one long list under one folder.

I would like the folder tree to look like this:

Movies
---Movies
------Inception
------Wall Street 2
---Series
------According To Jim
---------Season 1
---------Season 2
---------Season 3
------How I Met Your Mother
---------Season 1
---------Season 2
---------Season 3
------The Simpson
---------Season 1
---------Season 2
---------Season 3

I've been able to make a folder under "Collection" and pair it with my movies. But this results in all the files in my movies folder to list and not be placed in their own folders.

I've been reading here: http://www.wildmediaserver.com/forum/vi ... ?f=3&t=349 but it didn't help me much. I need the movie files to be in their own folders.

Under media-resources in Settings, i've checked the green button to "each film in a seperate folder".

I need step-by-step guidance :)

Regards,
Greenduck
Eugene

Re: Sorting movies and TV-series in folders

Post by Eugene »

Hello,
Greenduck wrote:
I've just downloaded the trial and so far it seems good. But I would like to be able to sort my movies and TV-series so they won't be in one long list under one folder.

I would like the folder tree to look like this:

Movies
---Movies
------Inception
------Wall Street 2
---Series
------According To Jim
---------Season 1
---------Season 2
---------Season 3
------How I Met Your Mother
---------Season 1
---------Season 2
---------Season 3
------The Simpson
---------Season 1
---------Season 2
---------Season 3

I've been able to make a folder under "Collection" and pair it with my movies. But this results in all the files in my movies folder to list and not be placed in their own folders.

I've been reading here: http://www.wildmediaserver.com/forum/vi ... ?f=3&t=349 but it didn't help me much. I need the movie files to be in their own folders.

Under media-resources in Settings, i've checked the green button to "each film in a seperate folder".

I need step-by-step guidance :)
May be useful: WMS - Help - Contents - "The formation of collections of films, music playlists, photo albums (the main form of the program)"
Greenduck

Post by Greenduck »

Thanks

But this makes a list with all the movies files. Some movies are splitted into two files and therefor I would like to have each movie in their own folder. In "series" this means I would have every single episode listed in one long list, instead of have the different seasons listed.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I can't drag folders into my movie collection, only files.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Greenduck wrote:
But this makes a list with all the movies files. Some movies are splitted into two files and therefor I would like to have each movie in their own folder. In "series" this means I would have every single episode listed in one long list, instead of have the different seasons listed.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I can't drag folders into my movie collection, only files.
If files are stored on the drive in the correct order, then use the folder "Media resources folder" for navigation.
You can use drag and drop from the folder "Media resources folder" to the folder "Collections".
Greenduck

Post by Greenduck »

Thanks... I got the issue solved. Just began using the media resources folder for navigation :) Works great!