Help - WMS dumped all my custom playlists

k10ck3r

Help - WMS dumped all my custom playlists

Post by k10ck3r »

Ok, so WMS got stuck during a rescan and I had to shut it down manually (via task manager). When I got it back up and running, it rebuilt the entire library but all my music playlists were gone (as well as my folder settings). I thought that I'd be ok, since I made a backup of the playlists. I loaded the playlists from file and now I can see the playlist names in the list, but no songs are listed under any of them.

How do I get the playlists to repopulate? I sure hope they are not gone for good, since it took a lot of time to get them all set up.
k10ck3r

Re: Help - WMS dumped all my custom playlists

Post by k10ck3r »

Ok, so I am trying to recreate the playlists, but when I try to add artist to the hierarchy, it is pulling in author/composer instead. This is with version 1.07.3. Very frustrating. Btw, this is the list of playlists I am trying (in vain) to recreate:

Genre (easy one - ok here)
Genre / Artist (songs sorted by +mpYear,+mpAlbum,+mpTrack)
Genre / [A]rtist (as above but with new layer to select A, B, C etc..)
Genre / Artist / Album (with albums in chronological order and songs in track order)
Genre / [A]rtist / Album (as above but with new layer to select A, B C...)

The artist vs author/composer bug is even an issue in All Music list (seems to be a bug in this version of WMS, not necessarily an issue with playlist creation).
k10ck3r

Post by k10ck3r »

Ok, I have recreated all of the playlists and the only remaining issue is the artist vs. composer bug.
( I also tried the latest version 1.08rc1 and it has the same bug - it seems the variable mpAuthor is attached to composer instead of artist/performer)

I would still like to know how to properly restore playlists though, so it isn't this difficult the next time.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Help - Backup
k10ck3r

Post by k10ck3r »

Ok, thanks. Have you been able to check into the music library bug? The library has mapped composer into the artist field, so all filtering based on artist does not work properly... This makes it hard to listen to songs by a particular artist.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

k10ck3r wrote:Ok, thanks. Have you been able to check into the music library bug? The library has mapped composer into the artist field, so all filtering based on artist does not work properly... This makes it hard to listen to songs by a particular artist.
How to reproduce the problem ?
k10ck3r

Post by k10ck3r »

Just build a new library using the latest version of wms. Then look at All Music. The artist column will be populated with the composer information rather than the artist.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

k10ck3r wrote:Just build a new library using the latest version of wms. Then look at All Music. The artist column will be populated with the composer information rather than the artist.
I reproduced the problem, try to fix, thanks for the notice
k10ck3r

Post by k10ck3r »

Seems to be fixed in 1.08 RC2. Thanks for the quick update.