does not display characters properly

yasui

does not display characters properly

Post by yasui »

Hello,

I have the similar problem that it posted with the General Discussion "wms don't support chinese character file name".

If a folder name or file name are including specific character which listed below, web client(HTTP:IPaddress:port) does not display those names properly.(IE8, Firefox3.6 both).

Moreover, the client device of the television (Toshiba REGZA Z8000) doesn't display any list of holders and files, if the file or folder's name includes specific characters which exists in same holder.

The WMS application can show those characters without the problem.

I listeded a part of the character that made the problem.

UNICODE
う 3046
や 3084
ゆ 3086
ん 3093

テ 30C6
へ 30D8
マ 30DE
ホ 30DB

Best Regards,
http://www.wildmediaserver.com/forum/po ... 15216d0761#
Attachments
webclient.JPG
webclient.JPG (68.21 KiB) Viewed 5343 times
Eugene

Re: does not display characters properly

Post by Eugene »

Hello,

I renamed the file to "うやゆんテへマホ.wmv"
chinese.JPG
chinese.JPG (19.44 KiB) Viewed 5334 times
But I have English Windows
yasui

Post by yasui »

Hello,

Your message was a hint. I could do display Japanese characters properly by changing a system locale setting(Japanese to English(U.S.)) of my Japanese edition Windows7.
Control Panel -> Region and Language -> Administrative tab -> Change System locale.

I am using a while in this environment, however the locale changing affect to several Japanese applications that not start up or gabled characters(probably, these are not supporting unicode). So, I'd like to use my windows7 on Japanese locale setting.

Do you have any idea to use WMS on this condition? If you can modify WMS to meet this situation, I'm very happy!

Best Regards.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Hello,
yasui wrote:
Your message was a hint. I could do display Japanese characters properly by changing a system locale setting(Japanese to English(U.S.)) of my Japanese edition Windows7.
Control Panel -> Region and Language -> Administrative tab -> Change System locale.

I am using a while in this environment, however the locale changing affect to several Japanese applications that not start up or gabled characters(probably, these are not supporting unicode). So, I'd like to use my windows7 on Japanese locale setting.

Do you have any idea to use WMS on this condition? If you can modify WMS to meet this situation, I'm very happy!
I will try to reproduce this problem
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

I reproduced the problem, I will try to solve this problem in next version