Missing MP3 files on scan

rc4991

Missing MP3 files on scan

Post by rc4991 »

Firstly Eugene, thanks for the metadatabase load and save scripts. It was something my list to ask about.

I have the issue where not all mp3 files are loaded in a scan directory. Sometimes none, sometimes 1, and sometimes all. I can't figure out what would be different between the files or what I need to 'enable/disable' to prevent this issue.

I tried specifically to identify a media folder for one album which has a dozen tracks. Only the first track is actually loaded into the all music view. I've not had this problem with the M4A files I scanned.

Any suggestions?
Eugene

Re: Missing MP3 files on scan

Post by Eugene »

rc4991 wrote:Firstly Eugene, thanks for the metadatabase load and save scripts. It was something my list to ask about.

I have the issue where not all mp3 files are loaded in a scan directory. Sometimes none, sometimes 1, and sometimes all. I can't figure out what would be different between the files or what I need to 'enable/disable' to prevent this issue.

I tried specifically to identify a media folder for one album which has a dozen tracks. Only the first track is actually loaded into the all music view. I've not had this problem with the M4A files I scanned.

Any suggestions?
If no trouble, try this, copy the 2-3 file from the problem directory to the directory TestMP3, add TestMP3 in the catalogs of media resources. If the problem persists and it is possible, please send files from TestMP3 to support@wildmediaserver.com.

What version of the program?
rc4991

Post by rc4991 »

I'm using .72 version but I think it was happening on earlier versions.

I tried the testMP3 example and all the files were found by WMS! c:\testMP3\<tracklist>.mp3

The current directory structure was ..\<artist>\<album>\<tracklist>.mp3
In this case there was only one album for this artist, but many tracks.
Only the first track was loaded by WMS.

I don't have the skip intermediate fold flag set (although this behaviour doesn't seem exactly related).

Thanks.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

rc4991 wrote:I'm using .72 version but I think it was happening on earlier versions.

I tried the testMP3 example and all the files were found by WMS! c:\testMP3\<tracklist>.mp3

The current directory structure was ..\<artist>\<album>\<tracklist>.mp3
In this case there was only one album for this artist, but many tracks.
Only the first track was loaded by WMS.

I don't have the skip intermediate fold flag set (although this behaviour doesn't seem exactly related).
Maybe try to make a copy of the catalog <album>.copy
rc4991

Post by rc4991 »

Did you mean copy the album directory and send to you? or something else?

I tried one more test.

The scan directory is c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\My Music\

If I scan this directory, the folder .\iTunes\iTunes Music\Blake Lewis\Audio Day Dream\
finds only 1 track.

I copied the album to folder .\iTunes\Blake Lewis\Audio Day Dream\
finds all 16 tracks.

Could it be some limitation in the length of the directory path name?
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

rc4991 wrote:Did you mean copy the album directory and send to you? or something else?

I tried one more test.

The scan directory is c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\My Music\

If I scan this directory, the folder .\iTunes\iTunes Music\Blake Lewis\Audio Day Dream\
finds only 1 track.

I copied the album to folder .\iTunes\Blake Lewis\Audio Day Dream\
finds all 16 tracks.

Could it be some limitation in the length of the directory path name?
I offered to make a copy of the album in the same directory where it is now, name new directory <album>.Copy.
rc4991

Post by rc4991 »

Very interesting.

When I make <album>.copy it finds all 16 tracks.
If I rename current album name by add or subtract one letter, it finds all 16.
Once I restore the album name to its original name, it drops back to only 1 track found.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

rc4991 wrote:Very interesting.

When I make <album>.copy it finds all 16 tracks.
If I rename current album name by add or subtract one letter, it finds all 16.
Once I restore the album name to its original name, it drops back to only 1 track found.
You can check the list of files, the resulting program, Settings-Processing-Add

Code: Select all

var
  FileList: TStringList;  
begin
  FileList := TStringList.Create;  
  try
    WmsGetFileList('C:\Users\Public\Music\Sample Music', FileList);    
    ShowMessage(FileList.Text)
  finally    
    FileList.Free
  end   
end.
You should replace 'C:\Users\Public\Music\Sample Music' on the problematic path. Press the green button Check
rc4991

Post by rc4991 »

I ran this script on both <album> and <album>.copy. Both showed 16 mp3 files and 6 hidden files. The hidden files were Thumb.db, 4 artwork jpg files, and a desktop.ini file.

It seems any change to the current <album> (like to all lower case or change a letter), WMS finds 16 files. But as soon as I restore the original name, it goes back to only finding the 1st mp3 file. Is there some previously stored information about this directory which keeps getting referred?

I have 'automatic scan directories with modification..' and 'deleting information about media resource if media resource not found' both enabled. I also deleted the scan directory, rescanned, closed and opened wms, re-added the directory, rescanned and produced the same result.. Is there a more drastic way to flush the database?
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

rc4991 wrote:I ran this script on both <album> and <album>.copy. Both showed 16 mp3 files and 6 hidden files. The hidden files were Thumb.db, 4 artwork jpg files, and a desktop.ini file.

It seems any change to the current <album> (like to all lower case or change a letter), WMS finds 16 files. But as soon as I restore the original name, it goes back to only finding the 1st mp3 file. Is there some previously stored information about this directory which keeps getting referred?

I have 'automatic scan directories with modification..' and 'deleting information about media resource if media resource not found' both enabled. I also deleted the scan directory, rescanned, closed and opened wms, re-added the directory, rescanned and produced the same result.. Is there a more drastic way to flush the database?
Maybe you have deleted files with a "Exclude file", clearing the list by right click in the folder tree "Restore folders"