Released version "Wild Media Server (UPnP) v1.10.2"

Eugene

Re: Released version "Wild Media Server (UPnP) v1.10.2"

Post by Eugene »

JST200 wrote:The "Always use a filename as name of media resource" Scan setting doesn't seem to work in V1.10.
Only works for files (not for folders)
JST200 wrote: I have just updated from V1.09 to V1.10 and noticed that any new DVD folders, added after the upgrade, are not listed by the full filepath/filename, rather they are just listed by the DVD name. Old DVD folders added with V1.09 were still listed by the full filepath/filename.

I deleted all Video Media Resource folders, re-added them and rescanned and now all DVD foders are listed as the DVD name only - even though the "Always use a filename as name of media resource" is selected.

Have I missed something?
Changes were made according to your suggestions (http://www.wildmediaserver.com/forum/vi ... f=3&t=1147) in different versions
k10ck3r

Post by k10ck3r »

Eugene wrote:
k10ck3r wrote:Got a bunch of errors like this when updating from 1.10.1 to 1.10.2:

Wrong length of a source file ...
[many of these]
Critical errors were detected while installing. Updating is impossible.
Update from version 1.10.1 to 1.10.2, check your version.
Ah ok, I was upgrading from 1.10 instead of 1.10.1. Tried 1.10 to 1.10.1 and got the ffmpeg-1.dll in use error. I guess I'll have to try the full installer later.... (When I use that, don't I have to set everything back up again?)
k10ck3r

Post by k10ck3r »

Ok, so I went to try the full distribution kit. However, it only installs 1.10, not 1.10.2.
I then tried installing 1.10.1, but it gave the same dll error again.
Is there a full installer for version 1.10.2?
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

k10ck3r wrote:Ok, so I went to try the full distribution kit. However, it only installs 1.10, not 1.10.2.
I then tried installing 1.10.1, but it gave the same dll error again.
Is there a full installer for version 1.10.2?
No the distribution kit for version 1.10.2. You can check the Task Manager for processes wms* or check the user rights
tuliolazarini

Post by tuliolazarini »

Hi Eugene,

I had trouble playing some specific H264 MKV files with version 1.10 using CoreAVC profile - audio ok, but black screen, no video at all. I was troubleshooting individual problematic files like these assigning them 'Movies - Primary' profile, with some performance restrictions.

Version 1.10.2 seemed to address this problem, now I can obtain crispy clear audio and video on my Sony TV using CoreAVC, thank you! Awesome! However, external subtitles stop working, unfortunately - SUB and SRT external subtitles don't appear on screen. For testing purposes, I tried to select an internally merged subtitle, and it worked fine... so strange...

An example: I have Shrek 2 with dutch and english audio, and dutch subtitles. I got brazilian portuguese subtitles on an external SRT file. When I select the dutch 'inline' subtitle, everything goes fine; when I select portuguese 'external' subtitle, it doesn't appear on screen...

Do you have any clue? I attached a XML MediaInfo obtained from referred file. Thanks in advance! :D
Attachments
Shrek 2.zip
MediaInfo file properties for a file I can't get subtitles on using WildMedia 1.10.2
(4.85 KiB) Downloaded 527 times
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Hi,
tuliolazarini wrote: An example: I have Shrek 2 with dutch and english audio, and dutch subtitles. I got brazilian portuguese subtitles on an external SRT file. When I select the dutch 'inline' subtitle, everything goes fine; when I select portuguese 'external' subtitle, it doesn't appear on screen...

Do you have any clue? I attached a XML MediaInfo obtained from referred file. Thanks in advance! :D
Settings - Devices - "The list of authorized client devices" - choose a device - Settings - Transcoder - "Files, Subtitles" - check font name
tuliolazarini

Post by tuliolazarini »

Hello, Eugene, thanks for writing back,
Eugene wrote:Hi,

Settings - Devices - "The list of authorized client devices" - choose a device - Settings - Transcoder - "Files, Subtitles" - check font name
I saw 'Arial' on screen, like shown below:
transcoder.png
transcoder.png (84.03 KiB) Viewed 9659 times
Just confirmed Arial font selection, and.... TA-DAAAA! Worked! External subtitles appear perfectly on screen! Do you know this is some kind of side effect of update process?
Cheers!
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Hello,
tuliolazarini wrote:Just confirmed Arial font selection, and.... TA-DAAAA! Worked! External subtitles appear perfectly on screen! Do you know this is some kind of side effect of update process?
Was changed default font for the subtitles, unfortunately, unsuccessful.
tuliolazarini

Post by tuliolazarini »

Eugene wrote:Hello,
Was changed default font for the subtitles, unfortunately, unsuccessful.
Don't worry, we're here exactly to pre-test, and our tests contribute to make future distributions even better!

By the way, that's exactly the strongest point of Wild Media Server: we have a forum to interact with you, test features, make suggestions, exchange ideas, and this cooperation turns WMS better on every version. I'm very satisfied!

Thanks again. :D