Announce version "Wild Media Server (UPnP) v1.09" (RC4)

Eugene

Re: Announce version "Wild Media Server (UPnP) v1.09" (RC2)

Post by Eugene »

Hello,
Rheingold wrote: with the update to 1.09 there is something going wrong. I'ts the same problem that was decribed here earlier.
My Sony Bravia works very well with 1.08.2 but after the update i can't get any video play and that works fine with 1.08.2.
With photos there ist no problem to send them to the TV, but with videos no chance.
As You can see in the debug log, there must be a problem with the transcoding. The file is announced but not created!
Try use windows service mode (Settings - Additional)
Rheingold wrote: My second question:
I am testing (in 1.0.8.2) Pocasts. When I choose the Internet-Television transcoding profile the transcoding program should be my "VCL" (as is defined in the transcoding profile) but it is always "wmspeg" - what's the reason for that?
Settings - Transcoder - Profiles - "Internet-Television" - Edit - Terms of use (usually closed)
Rheingold

Post by Rheingold »

Eugene wrote:Hello,
Rheingold wrote: with the update to 1.09 there is something going wrong. I'ts the same problem that was decribed here earlier.
My Sony Bravia works very well with 1.08.2 but after the update i can't get any video play and that works fine with 1.08.2.
With photos there ist no problem to send them to the TV, but with videos no chance.
As You can see in the debug log, there must be a problem with the transcoding. The file is announced but not created!
Try use windows service mode (Settings - Additional)
You are the greatest - this solves the problem !!! :D
Eugene wrote:
Rheingold wrote: My second question:
I am testing (in 1.0.8.2) Pocasts. When I choose the Internet-Television transcoding profile the transcoding program should be my "VCL" (as is defined in the transcoding profile) but it is always "wmspeg" - what's the reason for that?
Settings - Transcoder - Profiles - "Internet-Television" - Edit - Terms of use (usually closed)
I removed the condition mpInternetItem and now I can trancode a Podcastvideo with VLC. I'm quite sure, that I had tested this before without any effect, but with the service running it was fine. Thanks again!

I'm a lot trying (often by trial and error) with scripting an I saw different parameters like mpTitle and mpiTitel but i did not know if I really understand the difference between parameter mp... and mpi.... . Can You give mit a short description.

Greetings ...
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Rheingold wrote:I'm a lot trying (often by trial and error) with scripting an I saw different parameters like mpTitle and mpiTitel but i did not know if I really understand the difference between parameter mp... and mpi.... . Can You give mit a short description.
mp... - property value;
mpi... property ID

Not all property values ​​are available with mp... If processed a few media resources, then you can not use mp...
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Update to version 1.09rc3
- added mode "Disable the transmission of information about external subtitles" (Settings - Transcoder - Subtitles or Settings - Server - choose a device - Edit - Settings - Subtitles);
- added "Subtitles information" (on,off) to form "Special settings...".
Rheingold

Re: Announce version "Wild Media Server (UPnP) v1.09" (RC3)

Post by Rheingold »

Hi Eugene,

just noticed, that I'm not able to use the transcoding profile Movies-VCL-FFMEG.
When I choose this profile and start a test transcoding nothing happens. No cmd windows or anything else.
In version 1.08.2 it's no problem to use it with the same videofile.
I tried it with the same wmstrans.cfg file in both versions and also in version 1.09 RC3 with a fresh loaded wmstrans.cfg. Always the same result: no transcoding in 1.09RC3 but in 1.08.2
In 1.09RC3 I opend the transcoding script in the editor and tried it with "run script" and then it works! So I think there ist something lost by going to the new version.

I have also a problem with the transcoding profile Internet-television: The transcoding works and a test-transcoding gives me a perfect transcoded video. But when I stream with this profile directly to my Sony Bravia the result is a screen with only changing colored blocks. First I guessed that it is question of streaming speed, but I use a cable to connect the TV and I have no problems with other transcoding profiles without the VLC (last version 1.1.8). But I have some Internet sources which are asx-files and found no other transcoding profile which can handle these sort of video link.

I'm sure You will have some hint to this problems - thanks!
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Hi,
Rheingold wrote: just noticed, that I'm not able to use the transcoding profile Movies-VCL-FFMEG.
When I choose this profile and start a test transcoding nothing happens. No cmd windows or anything else.
In version 1.08.2 it's no problem to use it with the same videofile.
I tried it with the same wmstrans.cfg file in both versions and also in version 1.09 RC3 with a fresh loaded wmstrans.cfg. Always the same result: no transcoding in 1.09RC3 but in 1.08.2
In 1.09RC3 I opend the transcoding script in the editor and tried it with "run script" and then it works! So I think there ist something lost by going to the new version.
Check "Special settings..." (List [Movies] - select a file - right click - "Special settings...")
Rheingold wrote: I have also a problem with the transcoding profile Internet-television: The transcoding works and a test-transcoding gives me a perfect transcoded video. But when I stream with this profile directly to my Sony Bravia the result is a screen with only changing colored blocks. First I guessed that it is question of streaming speed, but I use a cable to connect the TV and I have no problems with other transcoding profiles without the VLC (last version 1.1.8). But I have some Internet sources which are asx-files and found no other transcoding profile which can handle these sort of video link.
I think the problem with video bitrate in settings (VLC has limitations).
Rheingold

Post by Rheingold »

Hi,
Eugene wrote: Check "Special settings..." (List [Movies] - select a file - right click - "Special settings...")
I did and entered as transcoding profile "movies-vlc-ffmpeg". I don't know what i should change more. But same result as before : nothing (!!) happend when I start test transcoding!

I then edit the pascal script for the transcoding profile "movies-vlc-ffmpeg" and commented out all of it and entered begin showmessage('Test') end. as new script but this script ist not executed starting a test transcoding with this profile!

In the next step I changed the execute mode of the profile from "Transcoding" to "Parameters" and now the messagebox poped up!

As I said before, there must be some strange things happen.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Hi,
Rheingold wrote:
Eugene wrote: Check "Special settings..." (List [Movies] - select a file - right click - "Special settings...")
I did and entered as transcoding profile "movies-vlc-ffmpeg". I don't know what i should change more. But same result as before : nothing (!!) happend when I start test transcoding!

I then edit the pascal script for the transcoding profile "movies-vlc-ffmpeg" and commented out all of it and entered begin showmessage('Test') end. as new script but this script ist not executed starting a test transcoding with this profile!

In the next step I changed the execute mode of the profile from "Transcoding" to "Parameters" and now the messagebox poped up!

As I said before, there must be some strange things happen.
Any especially environment?
Rheingold

Post by Rheingold »

Hi,
Eugene wrote:Any especially environment?
I think "no" - XP SP3 and as I mentioned before, with 1.08.2 no problem. Now I'm on 1.09RC3 with widows service installed, but nothing changed if I start the server or not.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Rheingold wrote:Hi,
Eugene wrote:Any especially environment?
I think "no" - XP SP3 and as I mentioned before, with 1.08.2 no problem. Now I'm on 1.09RC3 with widows service installed, but nothing changed if I start the server or not.
I have no problems on Windows XP SP3 (1.08.2, ..., 1.09rc3)