SopCast

Internet TV, Radio, Podcasts
flc

Re: SopCast

Post by flc »

twosheds wrote:Typing one or two characters into the text box ( and then deleting them) enables 'paste' on the drop-down context menu so you can paste eugene's code straight into the textbox.
thanks
flc

Post by flc »

Eugene wrote:1. Download and install SopCast SopFilter 3.0.3 (http://www.sopcast.com/download/)
2. Settings-Transcoder-Profiles-Add
Name: Internet-television (SopCast)
Execute mode: Transcoding
Language: PascalScript
Transcoding parameters:

Code: Select all

var
  sTranscoderParams: string; 
begin
  if WmsDirectShowAddSource(InputFileName, 'Source') = S_OK then begin
    mpInternetItem := False;
    sTranscoderParams := WmsTranscodingProfileParams('Movies (primary)') + ' "<OUTPUT FILE>"';
    TranscodingResult := WmsTranscodingExecute('WMSMPEG', sTranscoderParams, True,
                                 'http://localhost:8902/tv.asf', OutputFileName)
  end else                 
    TranscodingResult := False
end.
3. Ok-Ok-Ok
4. Select folder "Internet-televison", on right button mouse in List [Movies] - Add link
5. In field "Path": sop://....,
6. Ok
7. On right button mouse - Transcoding profile "Internet-Television (SopCast)"
8. On right button mouse - Test transcoding
Test transcoding doesn't work for me an error occurs and wild media server shut down ,i don't know why.
I use windows7 32b ,VLC 1.0.5,WMS 0.73
thx for your answers (in french or Roman if it's possible :D )
twosheds

Post by twosheds »

twosheds wrote:I've had WMS running successfully with Sopcast under both Vista and Windows 7 but now I find that the server stops working when I click on 'Test Transcoder' . I think that this started when I upgraded to v 0.73rc1. I've taken the following steps with no success after each step.

1 Uninstalled v 0.73rc1 and reinstalled v 0.72
2 Uninstalled Sopcast & SopFilter and then reinstalled SopFilter.
3 Installed Sopcast.
4 Uninstalled Sopcast & Sopfilter & then installed sopcast first followed by sopfilter.
5 Installed v 0.73rc3
6 Unistalled WMS, sopcast & sopfilter and re-installed sopcast,wms v 0.72 and sopfilter in that order. I did this since this was the original order in which they were installed)

I've had no problems playing channels with Sopcast throughout and WMS works well other than in combination with SopFilter.

Anyone got any ideas what might be wrong or what I might try to correct this problem and get WMS working with SopFilter again ?
Sounds like the same problem that I'm having
wildone1965

Post by wildone1965 »

Hi Eugene,

I have the same problem as trevorsem.

Cannot create file C:\Users\Trevor\AppData\Temp\sopchannels.xml The system cannot find the path specified

I run Vista German 32bit and the folders name here is "Application Data" when I look it up in the Explorer.

I also have a question about the data to type in as you discriped.

3. Ok-Ok-Ok
4. Select folder "Internet-televison", on right button mouse in List [Movies] - Add link
5. In field "Path": sop://....,
6. Ok

Do you really type in "sop://...." ?????

I would also suggest that people post more screenshots. I am not a Computergenius and Pictures help a lot. Specially when these scripts need to be implemented.

In the discription of the update to version 1.05rc3 is says that a script was added to "YAMMM mymovies.xml import". I cant seem to get it to use.

This program is really a great piece of work and I would love to be able to use all the great features. Therefor I would like to ask anyone who can help me to post instructions with screenshots so i can use the YAMM import and the Sopfilter.

Thanks in advance wildone
wildone1965

Post by wildone1965 »

Hello People,

is there still nobody who can help me setup Sopcast? I would love to get it to work.

Wildone
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

You can use the Sopcast Player

1. Install Sopcast Player.
2. WMS - Settings - Transcoder - Profiles - "Transcoder list" - Add
Name: SOPCAST
Path: %Program Files%\SopCast\SopCast.exe
3. WMS - Settings - Transcoder - Profiles - "Transcoding profiles list" - Add
Transcoding parameters:

var
begin
  WmsTranscodingExecute('SOPCAST', '"' + mpFilePath + '"', False);
  WmsSleep(20000);  
  sTranscoderParams := WmsTranscodingProfileParams('Movies (primary)') + ' "<OUTPUT FILE>"';
                                 'http://localhost:8902/tv.asf')
end.
20000 is 20 seconds, it can be reduced
http://www.wildmediaserver.com/forum/vi ... p=452#p452 - new version, without temp file.
immcinto

Post by immcinto »

I can get Sopcast streaming via WMS using transcoding but I suspect that the device that I am using can handle the .asf format that sopcast uses. I have tried to stop transcoding by using .* in the embedded file support field, but WMS still starts to transcode. How can I force WMS to send the untranscoded stream to my device?thanks for any help.

UPDATE
-------
Am I right in assuming that the embedded files support field only applies to Movies (i.e. anything listed under internet-television will always be transcoded)? If so, would I be able to get a Movies profile to look at the data in the http://localhost:8902/tv.asf stream? If not, does transcoding the asf stream using the .asf/wmv/wma output option effective just pass the input straight to the output without too much number-crunching (does not need to convert into different format)?
Adiall

Post by Adiall »

Eugene wrote:
addy wrote:Thank you for your quick replay!!!

Eugene wrote:
addy wrote: I hardly familiar with the work SopCast filter, after unloading filter p2pfilter.dll remains in the process and tcpview shows opening the connection, is bad, but perhaps this is connected with the principles of SopCast. It is better to use a separate application for a stream, but at the moment I do not know any other way.
Isn't that possible to retrict the number of times the filter can be loaded, in other words reuse the already loaded filter if there is a request for a new channel. Or kill it if it's not used for a while, as you do with the transcoding activity.
addy wrote: Settings-Transcoder-Transcoding file params-Internet-television - try increase "File size for start transfer"
I was experimenting with the size but no luck. It wouldn't be a very big problem if you could find a way to kill the unused p2pfilter.dll.
I did the unloading of modules that were loaded with WmsDirectShowLoadFilter, will be in the next update.
Hello,

I use WMS 1.11.3 with SopCast Filter to watch SopCast channels and I have a problem:
when I changed to another channel in transcoding window I can see transcoding sop channel address correctly but WMS shows always 1st channel opened .

I checked in Settings -> Transcoder, the option "Termination Transcoding if device request another file" but same behaviour.
Adiall

Post by Adiall »

Problem solved using Windows Media Player and SopCastFilter :D

Based on what Eugene wrote
Eugene wrote:You can use the Sopcast Player

1. Install Sopcast Player.
Name: SOPCAST
Path: %Program Files%\SopCast\SopCast.exe
3. WMS - Settings - Transcoder - Profiles - "Transcoding profiles list" - Add
Transcoding parameters:

var
begin
  WmsSleep(20000);  
                                 'http://localhost:8902/tv.asf')
end.
20000 is 20 seconds, it can be reduced
http://www.wildmediaserver.com/forum/vi ... p=452#p452 - new version, without temp file.
I changed these:

Name: WMP
Path: %Program Files%\WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER\wmplayer.exe

3. Instead of SOPCAST I used WMP
Change

with

WmsTranscodingExecute('WMP', '"' + mpFilePath + '"', False);
It works much better than the SopCast Player. ;)

In my case I reduced the time from 20 to 10 seconds
Change

WmsSleep(20000);
with

WmsSleep(10000);
xove

Post by xove »

Hello!: this is my first post but I've read a lot of messages of this forum before asking (I think I've done my homework) :)

my pc is a Intel QuadCore 4GB ram Win7 64Bits.

use Sopcast +WMS ---> TV Samsung 40C6620

now i can see channels like DigiSport, but i can see anothers in Hd, like vladimir29 (sop://broker.sopcast.com:3912/116205) coded in H.264.

my WMS use for channels from Internet transcoding : Internet-television (SopCast) ,but this does not work with H264.

the question is: who would have to use transcoder to see HD channels encoded in h.264

sorry for my english, and congratulations on the program. :shock: Flexible and adaptable amazing what you can get. a greeting.