WMS streaming without transcoding???

dtsexpert

WMS streaming without transcoding???

Post by dtsexpert »

Great app, I have list of online TV stream H264, using the WMS to transcode and stream to my Sony LED EX620, it works great.
I also have a Popcorn Hour that has no problem to play H624 (confirm this by play the recorded file recorded by VLC).
Is there a way I can set up WMS act as a middle app, getting the Online stream, then forward it to the Popcorn?
In other words, I want to by pass the transcoding.
Thanks,
Eugene

Re: WMS streaming without transcoding???

Post by Eugene »

Internet-Television: List [Movies] - select a link - right click - "Transcoding profile" - "Internet-television (Input stream)"
Podcasts: select a folder - right click - "Edit title" - "Transfer resource to the media device" - ...

P.S. For correct mime-type with "Internet-television (Input stream)", you must load the stream properties: select a link - right click - "Load file properties"
dtsexpert

Post by dtsexpert »

Thanks for your help. Using Internet-television (input stream), my Popcorn Hours A-110 can't see the stream. The stream is mp4 H264 that the Popcorn Hour A-110 plays it fine. I used VLC to record the stream, then test it with the Popcorn.
Using other transcoding option, the Popcorn hour plays fine, but the quality is degraded due to the transcoding process.
I am seeking a way to stream the TV online stream as is, no transcoding.
Stream codec info showing in VLC:

Stream 0
Type: Video
Codec: H264 - Mpeg-4 AVC (part 10) (avc1)
Resolution: 854x480
Frame rate: 25

Stream 1
Type: Audio
Codec: Mpeg AAC Audio (mp4a)
Channels: Stereo
Sample Rate: 48000 Hz
AAC extension: SBR

Thanks,
Eugene wrote:Internet-Television: List [Movies] - select a link - right click - "Transcoding profile" - "Internet-television (Input stream)"
Podcasts: select a folder - right click - "Edit title" - "Transfer resource to the media device" - ...

P.S. For correct mime-type with "Internet-television (Input stream)", you must load the stream properties: select a link - right click - "Load file properties"
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

"Load file properties" is successful ?
dtsexpert

Post by dtsexpert »

Eugene wrote:"Load file properties" is successful ?
I think so, right click the stream, then load file properties, I did not see any error.
If you need a link of the online program streaming, please let me know. I'll pm it to you.
VLC plays it fine. This stream is used another streaming software called Octoshape, so one needs to have Octoshape installed to get it play using VLC.
When transcoding it, Popcorn Hour sees the stream and plays it just fine.
Thanks,
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

You can try the transcoding profile "Internet-television (Remux)"

or the transcoding profile "Movies - VLC - FFMPEG" with original video (select a link - right click - ''Special Settings" - Device - choose a device - Original Video - On - Save)

Seems Popcorn cache the stream, you need (as minimum) select another a media-resource after changing the Transcoding profile.