use browser to play on device

mwebster

use browser to play on device

Post by mwebster »

I'm new to wms and media servers. I'd like to be able to browse movies on my phone and when I pick a movie, have it begin playing on my wdtv. Is this possible? I've looked at the web interface, but I think that only would attempt to play the movie on my phone.

Thanks

After some reading, I think I may be looking for a control point that works with the server?
Eugene

Re: use browser to play on device

Post by Eugene »

mwebster wrote:I'm new to wms and media servers. I'd like to be able to browse movies on my phone and when I pick a movie, have it begin playing on my wdtv. Is this possible? I've looked at the web interface, but I think that only would attempt to play the movie on my phone.

Thanks

After some reading, I think I may be looking for a control point that works with the server?
If you select the movie, he does not play, you can use CorePlayer (http://www.coreplayer.com) or other similar program. Browser loads the playlist, then comes the launch CorePlayer, which has drawn to a server and plays the movie.
mwebster

Post by mwebster »

I want the movie to play on the wdtv live box. I want to initiate the play of the movie from a handheld. Video plays fine on the wdtv live box when selected using the wdtv live remote from the wms page. I don't want to use the wdtv live remote. I want to use another device. Unless I don't understand coreplayer's functionality, it isn't what I'm looking for.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

mwebster wrote:I want the movie to play on the wdtv live box. I want to initiate the play of the movie from a handheld. Video plays fine on the wdtv live box when selected using the wdtv live remote from the wms page. I don't want to use the wdtv live remote. I want to use another device. Unless I don't understand coreplayer's functionality, it isn't what I'm looking for.
I have a Nokia e51 (mobile phone), via Web-mode and CorePlayer I can watch movies on mobile phone with WMS.
mwebster

Post by mwebster »

Language barrier or I'm being unclear. I do not want to watch the movie on my mobile phone. I want to select the movie and hit a button that says play on my mobile phone, and see the movie start on my television that is connected to my wdtvlive box.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

mwebster wrote:Language barrier or I'm being unclear. I do not want to watch the movie on my mobile phone. I want to select the movie and hit a button that says play on my mobile phone, and see the movie start on my television that is connected to my wdtvlive box.
No, this functionality is not supported.